The Villa was erected in the first half of the 1500s, commissioned by Cardinal Francesco Pisani,
Venetian patrician, bishop of Padova.
It became the administrative seat of the properties acquired by the family in 1478, in the lower
After the shift of the economic interests of the family to the mainland, the noble patrician
Venetian commissioned Andrea Palladio and the major architects and painters of the time to construct
and decorate the numerous villas and palaces in the area.