About us

  • The history
    Cunizza, Marquise d'Este, Cardinal Francesco Pisani and Countess Evelina van Millingen are the protagonists of the history of Villa Pisani: from an ancient medieval court to a sumptuous Renaissance palace and a refined 19th-century cultural salon.

     

  • The Villa
    The villa was erected in the first half of the 16th century on the commission of Cardinal Francesco Pisani, a Venetian patrician and Bishop of Padua, as the administrative seat of the landed estates acquired by the family in 1478 in the Bassa Padovana area.

     

  • The Garden
    Solo nel 1852, quando Evelina van Millingen giunge a Vescovana, inizia la trasformazione del giardino. È lei a creare l’aura di aristocratica informalità della “Fattoria del Doge”.